About the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training (OET)
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training (OET) is part of the Department of Workforce Investment of Kentucky government. This part of Kentucky Department of Workforce Investment is responsible for providing job services, unemployment insurance services, comprehensive labor market information, as well as training opportunities for Kentucky citizens.
About the Kentucky's Electronic Workplace for Employment Services (KEWES)
The Kentucky's Electronic Workplace for Employment Services (KEWES) is an online service system provided by the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training that allows you to file your unemployment claim or request your bi-weekly check online. If you are a Federal employee who has become unemployed as a result of the government shut down, you can file a unemployment benefits claim through KEWES internet claim system. For Kentucky claimants, you should note that this online application system is only available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM and Sunday from 10:00 AM until 9:00 PM Eastern Time. Alternatively, you can call the Call Center (502) 875-0442 or go to your nearest local office of employment and training to file your claim.
KEWES online service system is an easy, convenient way for eligible claimant to file your unemployment benefits claim online. For detailed instruction and further introduction about KEWES service, refer to the web page of "your rights and responsibilities while claiming unemployment insurance benefits" at: http://www.oet.ky.gov/des/documents/PAMUI400_0211.pdf
How to file Unemployment Benefits at Kentucky's Electronic Workplace for Employment Services?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Your valid Social Security Number.
- Your complete mailing address.
- Name, address, and phone number for each of your employers over the last 18 months.
- The exact day you began and ended your work for each of your job.
- You can only file it online through KEWES link from Monday to Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM EST and Sunday from 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST.
- Go to the Kentucky's Electronic Workplace for Employment Services (KEWES) attached to Kentucky Office of Employment and Training website at: www.kewes.ky.gov
- Enter your Social Security Number.
- Enter your 4-digit personal identification number (PIN). If it is the first time you file your claim, you'll be requested to create one by yourself.
- Follow instructions to file your claim according to your personal unemployment situation.
- For further information, refer to the Kentucky Office of Employment and Training Unemployment Insurance FAQs at: http://www.oet.ky.gov/des/faq/faq.asp#ui_faq
If you want to file your unemployment benefits claim online in Kentucky, Kentucky's Electronic Workplace for Employment Services (KEWES) online application system is definitely the website you want. Filling unemployment claim through KEWES is easy and convenient.