Directgov is a bundled collection of government services and information resources all availalbe online.It was created by the government of the United Kingdom to help people in England and Wales more conveniently access information and public services available to them. These services and resources include help searching for a job, educational opportunities, or a childcare provider, as well as tax, pension, or health services info.
About Applying Online to Renew a Driving Licence at Age 70 or Over
Apply online to renew your driving licence at age 70 or over is a service provided at the Directgov website which allows 70 year old or older legal residents of Great Britain to renew their driving licences over the internet. Remember that you cannot use the online service if you want to renew your C1 and D1 driving entitlement.
By applying to renew a driving licence online at age 70 or over, you do not need to go to the transportation office during business hours and wait in a long queue. You can do it from your home or office PC at any time which is convenient for you. It saves you time and energy.
How can you apply to renew a driving licence at age 70 or over in UK?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to be a legal resident of Great Britain and 70 years old or older.
- Your UK passport.
- Your driving licence.
- Your National Insurance number.
- Your addresses in the past 3 years.
- Go to the Apply online to renew your driving licence at age 70 or over website at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/BeforeyouapplyB/DG_066956
- Read the instructions and then click on the button marked "next".
- Read the instruction and then click on the button marked "Apply online".
- Enter your personal information into the required boxes and then follow instructions to finish the application.
- If you have any question or problem, you can go to the Directgov Help page at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Hl1/Help/index.htm